Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to work!

I've missed some CF the past few weeks and it shows! Most of what I missed was lifting (or maybe that's just what goes first), so now I can't even hit my previous PR's for both front and back squats, and from the feel of the deadlifts today, I wouldn't be able to get my 1 or 3RM for that either. Got to the gym 4 times this week and going to try to get there tomorrow.

Ragnar was a blast, nothing like running alone in the dead of night with no sleep. My last leg was 3 miles and I figured it was going to be a breeze, didn't account for the headwind and the bridge. Josh, Jason B., Lindsay, Sarina, and Adrian were awesome teammates! And the Utah group was wonderful.


My parents drove to Key West and met me there, we had a nice time. It was a great experience and I'm hoping we can do another one in September from Cumberland to Washington D.C. We should be able to get a team together!


Sticking with Paleo for the most part although I doubt if the chocolate peanut butter ice cream I just ate counts. OK, its my weekend cheat a little early. I'm planning on making Paleo chili for our little superbowl get-together so it will hopefully keep me away from the other junk that Rich will put out.

Upcoming events include the "Hooters-to-Hooters" half marathon and some sprint triathlons this spring/early summer. I found that I do better if I have specific events to look forward to, so its going to be a busy spring!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear from you again :) GREAT job on Ragnar!! No worries on the lifting, it will be back soon~ and wow, your folks look great!!

    Can you believe....4 weeks to go??

    ReplyDelete