Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Little Progress!

I have been frustrated because I seemed to have hit a wall and have not been seeing any improvements the past month or so. I've played around with the diet some, increased the protein a little (thanks MK!) and really focused on lots of fresh fruit in the morning, mainly blue and blackberries, strawberries, kiwi, mango once in a while, and maybe an orange in the afternoon. The usual veggies at lunch and dinner. Last week I finally saw some progress, just a little, but progress nonetheless. PR'd on the 3 rep max front squat at a whopping 88 pounds (I know, pitiful by most standards). I did a single rep at 88 pounds months ago and last time we did 3 rep max, dropped it on the second rep at 88. Actually felt pretty good and felt like I might have been able to do a little more but it was my last set and we had wall balls and box jumps to do. Speaking of box jumps, I have been using the 16 inch box for a long time and this time Coach put it on a couple of mats raising it 2 inches. They weren't fast and most weren't pretty, but I managed 38 jumps without falling. Just 2 more inches and I'll be at RX!!

Did some 100 meter sprints Sunday with Suzi and OCD, first time sprinting in over 3 months. Heel is still a little sore after running but not bad enough to stop. Today did 2 rounds of run 200m, 1 minute rest; run 400m, 2 minute rest; run 800m, 3 minute rest. Felt pretty darned good and total time 20:46. Looking forward to starting the training prior to the half marathon in November!

I see the WOD tomorrow is front squats again, I'll see if I can top that 88 pound mark this time.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Diane! It pays to keep drudging forward, yes? AND thank you so much for all your leg work getting us eggys, a labor of love for sure-

    Glad you asked- folks don't eat tarpon- they are very bony and what meat they do have is rather mushy. This is a total sport fish- catch 'em for the thrill! We really weren't even supposed to have him in the boat, you should just get him to the boat and release~ but we got him back in the water quickly after the pic. The capt (Chris Rush...remember Lacey from CFFM?) is awesome and knew this was my first one, so he saw to it that we got a great shot! Thanks for the words~ see you tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete