Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Experiments in the Kitchen

Breakfast: Assorted berries, walnuts, scrambled eggs
Snack: Peach, chicken, pecans
Lunch: Chicken, salad with paprika basil dressing, avocado

Today is a "rest" day so no WOD for me. I don't like rest days, makes me feel lazy so I think I will punch the bag some tonight and maybe do some plank exercises on the ball. But, the good news is that I got home early enough to try another Live Primal recipe.




Coconut chicken, asparagus, mac nuts for a yummy fat.

Dinner was an adventure! Tried the coconut chicken recipe, my first attempt at using coconut oil. The oil was too hot for the first batch and it got too crispy on the outside while still raw inside (YUCK), got the hang of it on the second try. It was delicious! This will be one of my favorites. My hubby is being a very good sport and sampling my Paleo meals, he ate all of his chicken but with a dreaded baked potato.

6 comments:

  1. You must e-mail Jason the recipe for the Coconut Chicken... Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken sounds yummy :) good job! looks like you're a pro already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! definitely share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you naughty lazy lady! ;) ;) ;) i can haz recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hungry all over again, looks D-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recipe 5.2.6 from Live Primal

    Chicken strips (I used 2 breasts cut into strips)
    sea salt
    pepper
    eggs (I used 3)
    coconut flour (enough to generously coat)
    dried unsweetened coconut flakes (enough to generously coat)
    coconut oil

    Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dunk in beaten eggs, coat in coconut flour, then back in egg, then coat with coconut flakes. Cook in coconut oil. There were no specific amounts in the recipe which suits me because I don't follow them anyway.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete